Wednesday, October 15

Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Here's just a quickie post if you are new here.

I should give the disclaimer that I am, in fact, a terrible blogger. I'm inconsistent at best, and I know hardly anything of web design. So, that being said, please don't come here hoping for a daily dose of anything, or the prettiest blog you've ever seen. 

What you can expect though, is reality. Me. At home. In my most natural state. I have messy floors, crazy kids, and a to-do list a mile long. There are a few things I can do pretty well though, and I hope to share those things with you.

I do food. I'm pretty good at meal planning and cooking. Occasionally, I'll share a favorite recipe or menu for a week or two. (Please don't expect a pretty printable. Remember, I'm terrible at that type of stuff.)

I do motherhood. Not that I'm perfect in this endeavor. My kids are often crazy and run around without pants. However, I've come up with a few fun and important ideas for the kiddos in my 4+ years of experience. 

I do marriage. My husband is my favorite person. Yep, even more than my kids. I am consistently working to make our relationship as God honoring and good as it can possibly be.

I do faith. My relationship with God means everything to me. In my darkest of valleys, He holds me and sees me through. On my mountaintops, I rejoice in Him with my whole being. The Gospel is unwavering Good News and I celebrate the fact that I am a child and friend of God. My biggest prayer is that this Good News will seep into your life through this blog, among other places. We all need the Joy of the Lord. 

So, though there are many things you won't find here, you will find a homey place. It may often be messy, but it will be real. I hope you will come to enjoy being here, and add to the conversation.

Welcome to my home. Make yourself comfy. 

 


3 comments:

  1. You do daughter-in-law well also! ❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do writing well also. I can't wait to visit you here too. You do many things well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to you two sweet mamas of mine. I look forward to "seeing" you both around the blog. :)

    ReplyDelete